Albania is located in southeastern Europe, west of Greece. It borders Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Greece. It covers only 28,748 square kilometers, making it one of the smallest countries in Europe. Albania is bordered on the west by the Adriatic Sea, so fishing is an important industry in the area.
Albanians in Calgary
In Toronto: 880
- Albanian Outreach. (n.d.). Info on Albanians. Retrieved July 24, 2014, from http://albanianoutreach.net/info-on-albanians
- Albanians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 23-29). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- BBC News. (2014, June 12). Albania Profile. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-17679574
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2017, June 28). Retrieved July 7, 2017, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/al.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Albania. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Albania. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_al.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Albania. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_al.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Albania. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://prayercast.com/albania.html
- Statistics Canada. (2022, Oct 26). Table 98-10-0302-01 Immigrant status and period of immigration by place of birth and citizenship: Canada, provinces and territories and census metropolitan areas with parts. Retrieved June 6, 2023, from https://doi.org/10.25318/9810030201-eng.