China is located in eastern Asia, surrounded by fourteen other countries and the East China Sea. China is the world’s fourth-largest country, and although it geographically covers five time zones, the entire country goes by UTC+08:00.
Chinese in Calgary
In Calgary: 36785
- BBC News. (2014, May 22). China profile. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-13017877
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: China. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/china/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). China. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Afghanistan-to-Comoros/China.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – China. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_cn.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – China. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_cn.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.) China. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/china.html
- Statistics Canada. (2022, Oct 26). Table 98-10-0302-01 Immigrant status and period of immigration by place of birth and citizenship: Canada, provinces and territories and census metropolitan areas with parts. Retrieved June 6, 2023 from https://doi.org/10.25318/9810030201-eng