The Dominican Republic is an island country between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It shares the island of Hispaniola with Haiti. Even though the waters around the Dominican Republic are full of fish, the fishing industry is underdeveloped.
Dominicans in Calgary
|In Calgary: 260|
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Dominican Republic. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/dominican-republic/
- Dominicans (Dominican Republic). (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 195-199). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Dominican Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Dominican-Republic.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Dominican Republic – Fishing. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Americas/Dominican-Republic-FISHING.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Dominican Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_do.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Dominican Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_do.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2022, Oct 26). Table 98-10-0302-01 Immigrant status and period of immigration by place of birth and citizenship: Canada, provinces and territories and census metropolitan areas with parts. Retrieved June 6, 2023 from https://doi.org/10.25318/9810030201-eng