Ecuador is found on the west coast of South America, between Colombia and Peru. Ecuador’s capital city, Quito, is situated on the Andes mountain range. The Republic of Ecuador also includes the Galapagos Islands, which are 1,000 kilometres from the coast. The Galapagos Islands are well known for their land and marine animals, including unique birds and gigantic land tortoises. In fact, “Galapagos” is an ancient Spanish word meaning “tortoise”.
Ecuadorians in Calgary
|In Calgary: 340|
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Ecuador. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/ecuador/
- Ecuadorans. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 203-207). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Ecuador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Ecuador.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Ecuador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Congo-Democratic-Republic-of-the-to-India/Ecuador.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Ecuador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ec.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Ecuador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ec.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2022, Oct 26). Table 98-10-0302-01 Immigrant status and period of immigration by place of birth and citizenship: Canada, provinces and territories and census metropolitan areas with parts. Retrieved June 6, 2023 from https://doi.org/10.25318/9810030201-eng