Jamaica is found in the Caribbean Sea, south of Cuba. Its geographical location is both a blessing and a curse. While many travelers regard Jamaica as an “island paradise” and contribute to Jamaica’s strong tourism industry, the country is also frequently affected by hurricanes.
Jamaicans in Calgary
|In Calgary: 3535|
Churches in Calgary
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Jamaica. Retrieved December 28, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/jamaica/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Jamaica. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Jamaica.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Jamaica – Overview of economy. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Jamaica-OVERVIEW-OF-ECONOMY.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Jamaica. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_jm.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Jamaica. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_jm.aspx?lang=eng
- Jamaicans. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 314-317). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2022, Oct 26). Table 98-10-0302-01 Immigrant status and period of immigration by place of birth and citizenship: Canada, provinces and territories and census metropolitan areas with parts. Retrieved June 6, 2023 from https://doi.org/10.25318/9810030201-eng