Once known as Holland, the Netherlands is located in western Europe, between Belgium and Germany. The country borders the North Sea as well. More than one-fifth of the country is below sea level (this is known as the Low Netherlands). Due to its proximity to the North Sea, sand dunes and man-made dikes are needed to prevent flooding.
Dutch in Calgary
|In Calgary: 3145|
Churches in Calgary
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Netherlands. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/netherlands/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). The Netherlands. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Morocco-to-Slovakia/The-Netherlands.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Netherlands. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_nl.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Netherlands. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_nl.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Netherlanders. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 346-350). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Statistics Canada. (2022, Oct 26). Table 98-10-0302-01 Immigrant status and period of immigration by place of birth and citizenship: Canada, provinces and territories and census metropolitan areas with parts. Retrieved June 6, 2023 from https://doi.org/10.25318/9810030201-eng