Nigeria is found in western Africa. The country has southwestern coastline along the Gulf of Guinea and shares land boundaries with Benin, Niger, Chad, and Cameroon. Nigeria’s geographical location is the basis for much of its economic activity. The country sits on a large oil reserve, and its economy depends heavily on exporting crude oil and gas.
Nigerians in Calgary
In Calgary: 7380
Churches in Calgary
House of David Church
1709 8 Avenue NE
Community Associations in Calgary
Nigerian Canadian Association of Calgary
#319, 3132-26th Street NE (587)
- BBC News. (2014, May 20). Nigeria profile. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-13949550
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Nigeria. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/nigeria/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Nigeria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Africa/Nigeria.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Nigeria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ng.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Nigeria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ng.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Nigerians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 1, pp. 420-425). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Nigeria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.prayercast.com/nigeria.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement