Nigeria is found in western Africa. The country has southwestern coastline along the Gulf of Guinea and shares land boundaries with Benin, Niger, Chad, and Cameroon. Nigeria’s geographical location is the basis for much of its economic activity. The country sits on a large oil reserve, and its economy depends heavily on exporting crude oil and gas.
Nigerians in Calgary
In Calgary: 7380
Churches in Calgary
House of David Church
Riviera Plaza and Conference Centre 3515 26 Street NE
3132 26 St NE
403 291 9234
- BBC News. (2014, May 20). Nigeria profile. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-13949550
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Nigeria. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/nigeria/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Nigeria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Africa/Nigeria.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Nigeria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ng.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Nigeria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ng.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Nigerians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 1, pp. 420-425). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Nigeria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.prayercast.com/nigeria.html
- Statistics Canada. (2022, Oct 26). Table 98-10-0302-01 Immigrant status and period of immigration by place of birth and citizenship: Canada, provinces and territories and census metropolitan areas with parts. Retrieved June 6, 2023 from https://doi.org/10.25318/9810030201-eng