Located in central Asia, Turkmenistan shares borders with Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. Turkmenistan also has a western coastline on the Caspian Sea. 80% of the land is desert.
Turkmen in Calgary
|In Calgary: 90|
Churches in Calgary
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 6). The World Factbook: Turkmenistan. Retrieved December 26, 2o19, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/turkmenistan/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Turkmenistan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Turkmenistan.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, October 15). Cultural Information – Turkmenistan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_tm.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Turkmenistan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_tm.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Turkmenistan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/turkmenistan.html
- Turkmens. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 4, pp. 998-1004). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Statistics Canada. (2022, Oct 26). Table 98-10-0302-01 Immigrant status and period of immigration by place of birth and citizenship: Canada, provinces and territories and census metropolitan areas with parts. Retrieved June 6, 2023 from https://doi.org/10.25318/9810030201-eng